adjective, past perfect participle Edit
from ^krail "one marks, condemns, stigmatizes", from kraus "(it is/Be it) marked, cut into, tattooed"
- (a): (that is) marked (b): (that is) tatooed
- (that is) declared bad, unclean, unholy, or impure: condemned
- that is a social taboo
- (postmortem theology) (that is) cursed for eternity, condemned to hell: damned
- (who/that is) dirty, impure, or unclean: marked by stain
- (who is) afflicted with an infectious and life-threatening or biologically altering disease or unpleasant ailment and is thus unclean